Both KAL’s Fitness for Health and Live Well programmes require a referral from a Health Care professional (GP/Nurse/Physiotherapists) via the Kirklees Wellness Service website
If you would like more information from KAL about our exercise referral schemes, please contact email@example.com
Live Well Cardiac Programme
For people who have a Cardiac condition, or have had a heart attack or heart surgery:
What is it?
A specialist exercise program, specifically designed and delivered to support condition management and help prevent de-conditioning. The aim is to improve quality of life, pre- and post treatment or rehabilitation.
Who is it for?
Adults (aged 18 and above) who have completed cardiac rehabilitation programmes, who have been referred to continue to exercise with a condition-specific exercise specialist or those diagnosed with a cardiac condition.
Initial 16-week programme of group exercise with an agreed number of sessions per week. All sessions delivered by a Level 4 exercise specialist and are tailored to the long-term condition needs of users. Post the scheme the exercise specialist will discuss opportunities to continue to be physical active long-term on a weekly basis.
Fitness for Health
What is it?
A specialist exercise programme for people with specific conditions (listed below) who have been referred a healthcare professional. To encourage long term adherence to active lifestyles through the provision of safe, condition-specific exercise that contributes to supporting improved quality of life outcomes.
Who is it for?
Adults (18+) who have a health condition (listed below) or other factors that put them at risk of physical ill health or those who may have mild symptoms where specialist exercise will provide a benefit.
- Respiratory - Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Musculoskeletal - Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Joint replacement, Simple mechanical back pain, Osteoporosis
- Cardiovascular - Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia
- Mental Health - Depression, Stress, Anxiety
- Metabolic/Immunological - Diabetes
An initial 12-week programme of exercise with a choice of class-based or gym-based sessions with a Level 3 exercise specialist, tailored to health needs. Post the scheme the exercise specialist will discuss opportunities to continue to be physical active long-term on a weekly basis.
All our exercise referral schemes are:
- Led by qualified exercise specialists
- Patient centred and tailored to the medical condition and physical ability of each individual
- Linked to outlets for long term continuation of an exercise programme.