During the recent periods of closure due to COVID-19, KAL have taken the opportunity to review & evaluate all the products & programmes which we offer to ensure we are providing services which best meet the needs of the communities within which we operate.
With this in mind we have made some changes to how KAL Klub Gym Fit sessions run to improve them by making them more structured. They will now be instructor led, motivational sessions that include a mixture of independent & group workout time. All instructors involved are specifically trained to work with/coach teenagers & therefore understand how workouts need to be safety & efficiently adapted by incorporating longer rest time between sets, for example.
During each session there will be pockets of time where you may focus on a particular exercise or technique for example’ squats. So, the instructor may take you through the correct technique & then encourage participants to then use some of the session to practice this independently.
KAL KLUB Gym Fit will be available at the following centres:
- Batley Sports & Tennis Centre
- Colne Valley Leisure Centre
- Dewsbury Sports Centre
- Holmfirth Pool & Fitness Centre
- Huddersfield Leisure Centre
- Scissett Baths & Fitness Centre.
Booking an Orientation
Every participant will be required to complete a new orientation, even if you have previously had one. Orientations for existing KAL KLUB Fitness members can be booked w/c 25th October & w/c 1st November 21.
These can be booked via the KAL app:
- Log into the app (if you’re not already) using your child’s member ID
- Select your desired centre e.g. Colne Valley Leisure Centre
- Select the KAL KLUB Fitness tile
- Select the day & time you want to book for e.g. Monday 25th October, 16:00 KLUB Orientation
- Select BOOK at the bottom of the page (within the green strip), then select YES.
KAL KLUB Swim Fit
Swim Fit is suitable for swimmers aged 8 – 16 years, who have achieved their Stage 5 award.
Sessions differ from KAL KLUB Swim lessons as it is not a continuous swim course, there is not a criteria to which swimmers are accessed to.
Lessons are 45 minutes long & will be delivered by a qualified Level 2 swimming instructor.
Swim Fit lessons are available at the following centres:
- Batley Sports & Tennis Centre on Thursday’s at 18:05 – 18:50
- Holmfirth Pool & Fitness Centre on Sunday’s at 14:55 – 15:40
- Stadium Health & Fitness Club on Thursday’s at 18:20 – 19:05.
These sessions can be booked at your local centre or via email; email@example.com. They are included as part of a KAL KLUB membership or can be booked on a pay & play basis.
Membership re-start details
All memberships will be reinstated on Monday 1st November 2021.
In recognition of your loyalty & as a thank you, Direct Debit collections will not restart until 1st December on your normal collection date i.e., if your payment date is 15th, we will collect your first payment on 15th December. No payments will be taken in November.
If you no longer wish to continue with your KAL Klub Gym Fit membership, please email the contact centre on firstname.lastname@example.org to request cancellation. However, if we do not hear from you by 7th November 2021, we will assume you no longer want to this membership, and it will be cancelled.
We are also continuing to review the KAL KLUB membership as a whole & will be making further improvements in the New Year.