BLUE CHEESE, PEAR & ROCKET PUFF PASTRY TART
• 3 firm pears
• 15g butter
• 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 320g puff pastry
• 120g Dolcelatte cheese
• Handful chopped Macademia nuts
• Handful rocket
• Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
2. Cut 3 firm pears into wedges. In a frying pan, melt 15g butter with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar over a medium heat. Add the pears and cook for 2 minutes on each side until caramelised, then remove from the heat and season lightly.
3. Unroll a 320g puff pastry sheet and score a 2cm border all around, then put it on a baking sheet.
4. Arrange the pears over the pastry within the border, then scatter over 120g crumbled Dolcelatte cheese and a handful of roughly chopped macadamia nuts.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Season, then serve scattered with rocket and drizzled with a little more balsamic vinegar and some olive oil.
This tart can be made using a 500g puff pastry block (we like Jus-Rol all-butter). Wrap any leftovers in cling film and chill/freeze until needed.
Recipe from: www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes